Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The adventures of fish sitting

Who knew watching a fish could be so intense? not I. until today that is.. Let me start at the beginning, a very good place to start. :]

First, miss melanie texted me around midnight or so last night asking me to fish sit while she was on vacation. Ergo, this conversation:

Melanie: Feeding him is very difficult

Kristen: Lol crushing the food into the bowl?

Melanie: Yes. if you feed him too much, he'll die. too little-he'll die. And he's pretty much my life so don't kill him.

Kristen: Pressure. Of all the things to be your life.. Your family, your fiance, your best friend....No, its the fish. The tenth fish in a line of dead ones....

Melanie: Yeah pretty much

Kristen: So how do i know ho much is too much? Or too little? And if I do kill him, can I just buy you a better one?

Melanie: Yes. And the size of a dime. or a penny in the morning

Kristen: A penny is bigger than a dime right? And how often do I feed him?

Melanie: Just once

Kristen: So if I only feed him once... Why would it sometimes be a dime and sometimes a penny?

Melanie: No, only once in the morning. No smaller than a dime but no bigger than a penny.

Kristen: You know what, just kill him now. I'm sure its easier on the poor fish than leaving him in my hands. I'll spend the whole week trying to measure a penny of fish food and never actually feed him. JUST KIDDING he will be in (somewhat) capable hands

So only once a day in the morning somewhat larger than a dime while still smaller than a penny. Am i correct?

Melanie: Yes

Kristen: Can I ask just one more question?

Melanie: Yeah

Kristen: Do you remember the exact day you went crazy or is it all just kind of a blur now?

Melanie: I think I've just always been this way.. why do you ask?

Kristen: Oh no reason... I've just never heard of a crazy fish lady before. Normally it has something to do with cats. I commend you though, fish are indeed cleaner and less moody (as far as I can tell)

Thats pretty much it before we changed subjects.

SO TODAY after work I recruited lara to help me bring the fish to my house. He spilt all over me, all over lara, and all over my car [which now stinks of fish]. Lara looked like she wizzed herself, I am just soaked, and poor motototo (so nice you say it twice!) was left with half a bowl of water.






NOW taking bets on when the fish will die. I bet by the time I wake up tomorrow. I have until Monday to keep him alive.

8 comments:

  1. Too,too,too,too funny!!! Your story made me laugh out loud. I predict that the fish will live throughout the entire weekend! If it does die...I imagine it'll be while you and Lara are trying to transport it back to Melanie's house...hehe. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud! Haha..that is totally Melanie and I can see all of this going down with a straight face and in all seriousness..that is awesome! And...now i understand Lara's fb status at a depper level..something about a fish..and a car..something..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is only 1 day in the life of kristen and melanie bffs for life. every day is an adventure! a wonderful adventure! is it sad that i blog about fish? thats what happens when my only friend is on vacation and i am completely boyfriendless.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still alive at the moment, I give it til tomorrow, Friday morning. Sorry Melanie :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. HE LIVES!!!!
    and whats so funny about the seriousness of keeping MoToTo alive?
    i love him dearly, since he has lasted longer than any other fish.
    (Besides A-Juan, but he just ate all the other fishes).
    Thanks a bunch Kristen!
    And i'll have to get you a car freshener before i pick him up today :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha the above comment from Holly was actually me. I didnt know Holly was logged into her account insteada me. :))
    -Melanie Lynne the Great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um... i think you're supposed to put in a baggie to transport it! on a side note, are you making Kristen Sh*t Cake for Lara's BDay?

    ReplyDelete